4900 Fairview Drive (located behind Highland Park Elementary)
Perry Park is the only official City of Austin park within the HPWBANA boundaries. It is behind Highland Park Elementary so is used frequently by children in the area but is often enjoyed by adults and their pets. It is used by the neighborhood association and PTA for various events.
The park contains:
• Two large areas with playground equipment
• A soccer field and baseball field
• A kid size soccer field
• A running track (appr 2 1/4 figure 8 loops per mile)
• A large natural wooded area with trails
• Two tennis courts with lights (activated by switch on pole outside the courts, on a timer)
• A basketball hoop
• Picnic tables and drinking fountains
• A pavilion for gatherings
• Natural geological aspects (it was once a quarry and is part of the Balcones fault line)
Monthly Guided Hikes at Bright Leaf Preserve
Friends of Bright Leaf conduct monthly guided hikes at Bright Leaf Preserve for those who want to enjoy this wonderful nature area. The hikes are on the second Saturday and second Sunday of each month, in the mornings. Check the Bright Leaf website for information and starting time.
The hike starts from the parking lot off 2222 and Creek Mountain Road. Please bring a water bottle and dress for the weather. The hike is approximately 4 miles long and will last about 2 to 2 1/2 hours.
Texas Military Forces Museum (at Camp Mabry)
2200 West 35th Street
3800 Mount Bonnell Drive
AMOA Laguna Gloria
3809 West 35th Street